Monday, August 24, 2009

Road to the design cave.

Hello readers,
Fist off, my name is Jimi and its a pleasure to meet you. My formal name from birth is, James M. Isbell. My father gave me the nickname Jimi at birth in respect to Jimi Hendrix.
Design is much more then an occupation or topic for me. It has been apart of my life since the age of 12. I used to be one of those reclusive kids that spent 12 hours at a time playing Internet games. Despite what that says about a person, it brought me to forum style websites, and eventually forum signatures. After getting into what I believed was just a program to make things I soon was captivated by the amount of creativity that could be summoned from Photo shop. It's what killed my gaming addiction. I began making small html layouts for myself and friends for blogs and eventually got myself taking design classes in high school. From there a new addiction arose, the world of design. Now I can be found on the campus of the Kansas City Art Institute, and I'm more then eager to see were this school will take me.

I chose to pursue a degree in design because I simply cannot stop designing things. After learning a good portion of how the programs work, I now want to go more in depth in every aspect of design. In my opinion knowledge is worth more then money, why it comes with such a price tag is beyond me but I will do what ever it takes to further my knowledge as far as I can. I want to be able to have a job doing something I love for the world we create together with our footprints.

No comments:

Post a Comment