Tuesday, October 20, 2009

SEQUENTIAL PROCESS-viscom-finale statement

So to wrap up the project on lines and juxtaposition, i am writing this blog post! yay.

So the process of this specific assignment was very lengthy, but full of good processes to learn. Given the chance to repeat the whole of the assignment again I believe I'd have a much stronger outcome from my pairs. I personally think that having a slight idea what the final product of a lengthy assignment is a detrimental aspect to keep in the back of my mind.  If I would have known that we had to pair up photos with line studies for example, I would not have used certain techniques while doing my line projections for the vertical line studies. (Why?) Simple I crumpled some of my studies to project on the wall which was completely unmatchable with any photograph I took.  This cause me great peril when tring to find some vertical studies and sent me on a few more photo shoots for completely new material with only 1 clear vertical study.

as far as the process as a whole,  I learned lot of things as far as how to make complex images out of something simple using tools such as scanners and copiers. I learned how to identify juxtaposition between images, i strengthend my own ability to place images with juxtaposition, i learned how to make a sweet style of book that has more user intrest then general book bindings.

as far as things I would do differently next time would be creating more subtle curved line studies, most of mine were overly chaotic.  and most importantly create a larger base of material to work with for easyer pair match up.

1 comment:

  1. "Given the chance to repeat the whole of the assignment again I believe I'd have a much stronger outcome from my pairs."

    while projects are finite, the processes you learn are continuous. you will have plenty of opportunity in future classes and future work to employ & refine these processes.


    "and most importantly create a larger base of material to work"

    this is a good observation! prolific and generative work, early on in project stages, will provide you with more to work from and also increase your design aptitude much more rapidly.

    ReplyDelete